The Cancer Patients Support Group CPSG (which was started in 1995) whose main aim is to raise money for the Association Cancer Patients and Friends (PASYKAF) it materializes its Aims through –
- Individual Donations
- Donations from other Groups, Clubs and Associations
- Fundraising Events and Activities
The Trained Volunteer Section
The first group of Volunteers were trained in 2006 to act as a support team for the PASYKAF Home Care Nurses and under their instruction provide
- A supplement listening support service
- Befriending patients, helping with outside the home services, e.g. collecting prescriptions, shopping, taking patients to the Hospital or picking up patients and taking them to the Centre to catch the bus, and of course meeting them for the trip back home.
- Helpline duties
In March 2015 10 Trained Volunteers from the Support Group took part in a Certified Intense Emergency First Aid training day.
Instruction was given by Mr George Ioakim and his wife Deborah – Kallipia Accredited Training Company. Everyone passed and certificates are to follow. Congratulations!!!
Other Activities we are involved in:
Coffee Morning for members : Are held monthly (see Events page) , commencing at 10am with notices etc This informal get-together enables our Members to hear about –
- Funds raised
- Forthcoming events and activities
- Bookstall purchasing
- Social activities
- Exchange of ideas
- Occasional Outside Speakers
Craft Group : Meets informally, to produce items for sale at fundraising events and the Christmas Bazaar.
We are pleased to welcome anyone with Craft and Bakery skills or other worthwhile skill that may be useful.
For more information please call Jan Handley 26-654007
Newsletter : This is published Quarterly and is available online for members, it provides pictures and information of
- Donations received
- Update on events
- General news
- Quiz Nites and Coffee Mornings
- List and contact numbers of Nurses, Committee Members and the Group Auditor.
or more information contact our Editor Alan Clark email@example.com
If you would like to become a Member of the CPSG, please contact any Committee Member or visit our Contact us page/Membership page.
PASYKAF Charity Shop If you have clothing or furniture for the PASYKAF Shop please contact CPSG Member Dolly Finlayson on 26 622583. or Email firstname.lastname@example.org