- MAIN ongoing AIM of the Support Group is FUNDRAISING – through Donations and Events. (see Events page and Funds raised) – to assist the upkeep of the PASYKAF Home Care Oncology Nursing Service within the Community of the Paphos Area
In addition to this are
- Demand Targets ie items of equipment and/or drugs/dressing requested by the Nurses for a patient/s ie Oxygenator/Oxygenmeters and Targets change according to ‘new’ patient/s and their specific type of cancer/needs.
There is also the
- Continuing Aim of Replacing Equipment – usually frequently used equipment – through wear and tear/disposability ie Lightweight Wheelchairs; Commodes; Toilet seats; BP Machines etc
Some Specialist items of equipment are very expensive indeed and may require a
- Target Fundraiser ie A Bus with hydraulic wheelchair access
Other expensive items come on board periodically for purchasing consideration ie
- Palliative Care Need Equipment – highly sophisticated Pain Relief Control Machines, or other technology for palliative care
Equipment also has to be durable and moveable as it is not in a permanent situ.